Sal Torname became a full-time resident of The Villages in 2011. Sal Torname lives in the village of St. James with his wife, Kathleen; they have two daughters and four grandchildren.
Sal was elected by the Residents to serve as a CDD-8 Supervisor in 2012 and continues to serve the Residents in that position.
- During the yearly budget District hearings, Sal has maintained stable maintenance assessments.
- Notified effective residents of their overpayment of bond payoffs.
- Established AED Program in his neighborhood and gave presentations to proliferate the program.
- He is Vice-Chairman of the Investment Advisory Committee and provides advice and guidance to the district and all its Boards.
- Publish & disseminated District 8 Public Notice Bulletins to Community.
- He effectuated enhancements to Deed Restrictions.
- Refinance District 8 phase 1-3 infrastructure debt bonds
- Sal has organized and runs the annual POA shredding event that accommodates approximately 800-1000 vehicles
Sal was born and raised in Massachusetts before coming to The Villages in 2010. He worked in the telecommunications industry for over 40 years, starting with the New England Telephone, now Verizon, and ending his career with General Service Administration (GSA), a Federal Agency providing communication services to other Federal Agencies. His duties involved routinely working with large and small telephone companies as a liaison between those companies and Federal Agencies to upgrade their services on various (GSA) telephone agreements and contracts.
In his early formative years and throughout his career, he became active in many civic and charitable organizations, including being appointed to the town’s Conservation Commission and elected to his Planning Board.
He received a BS Degree from Salem State College in Business Administration and an MS degree from Anna Maria College in Quality Management. He served as a Massachusetts Baldrige National Quality Award Examiner from 1995-1997